Just like clockwork, two weeks after the release of iOS 11 beta 4, Apple has graced developers with iOS 11 beta 5. As per usual, we went straight ahead and installed it to dig around and see what’s new. Among our finds were new camera settings and a pretty cool feature for FaceTime.
Check out all of the new tweaks and changes in action in our video below.
What’s new in iOS 11 beta 5
Here’s a list of what we found in the new beta during our filming, in addition to the usual stability improvements:
- AirPlay bug fixed when trying to send a video that’s not fullscreen.
- Dragging items to Calendar app bug now fixed.
- iCloud Messages has been removed. But Apple says it will return in a future update.
- The music widget within Control Center gains an animated signal icon to easily access AirPlay-connected devices.
- Camera and Settings icons get tweaked.
- You can now swipe to open within the cover sheet, instead of just tapping open.
- Ability to take Live Photos within FaceTime.
- New tutorial screen within the Camera app for Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus models.
- New camera level feature when taking downward-facing pictures.
- New tutorial screen on iPad for the Dock and app switcher.