Dileep sent to judicial custody, claims he was trapped 

July 11, 2017, 11:03 am
Dileep sent to judicial custody, claims he was trapped 
SOUTHLY
SOUTHLY
Dileep sent to judicial custody, claims he was trapped 

Dileep sent to judicial custody, claims he was trapped 

Malayalam star Dileep who was arrested on Monday for kidnapping and sexual assault of an actress in February has been remanded to 14 days judicial custody. He was then taken to Aluva sub jail.

He was produced before the magistrate in the early hours of the day.

"I am innocent and I will prove my innocence. I was trapped," the 48-year-old actor said this morning

Dileep was arrested after ten hours of questioning on Monday.

Police said they have clinching evidence to prove Dileep’s involvement in hatching conspiracy against the actor.

Reports say that Dileep 11th accused in the case.

On 17 February , the actor, while travelling by road to Kochi for work, was held captive in a moving car for nearly two hours while four men molested her and also took photos on their cellphones. She was dumped near the house of a director, who called the police.

Six people, including main accused Pulsar Suni, the driver she had sacked, were arrested.

DGP Loknath Behra said on Monday they have clinching evidence to prove the involvement of the actor in the case.

Two weeks ago, Dileep was questioned the actor for more than 13 hours.

Last month, Dileep’s name surfaced in a jail inmate’s letter who shared the cell with the main accused Sunil. The later and his accomplices were arrested within a week of the kidnapping, police stumbled upon the conspiracy angle last week.

“The entire conspiracy was hatched almost a year back. The actor’s phone calls with some of the accused really nailed him. Preliminary investigation shows personal enmity behind the entire incident,” said a senior police officer.