Three people have been killed and dozen others injured in "the mother of all marches" taken out against the Venezuelan government turned violent.
A 17-year-old boy was fatally shot in the head in a neighbourhood of Caracas, while several hours later a woman was killed in gunfire during a rally in the Andean state of Tachira near the Colombian border.
At least one legislator had to be hospitalised, and images posted online showed opposition leader and former presidential candidate Henrique Capriles choking on teargas.
Reports that emerge from the country puts blamed on President Nicolás Maduro for initiating violence in the country. Fears of bloodshed had been stoked after Maduro put troops on the streets, supplied guns to sympathetic civil militias and called for a simultaneous rally of his supporters against what he said was a United States-backed coup.
Seven people have so far died in the unrest in the country since the beggining of this month.
The first victim on Wednesday, Carlos Moreno, was not taking part in the demonstration but was shot when government supporters approached an opposition gathering and opened fire, witnesses told Reuters. Moreno, who was three days from his 18th birthday, was shot in the head, and later died in the hospital.
University student Paola Ramírez, hours later, died in the opposition stronghold of San Cristóbal, after she and her boyfriend, were shot at by a group of men as they left a protest.
A National Guard sergeant was later killed by a sniper.